As we reach the end of the first half of the year, it’s a great opportunity to think about what we are going to work towards and what standards we are going to set ourselves in the Semester 2. Having a Growth Mindset is a great way to help us achieve our goals. A Growth Mindset is being open to learning and embracing challenges, rather than having a Fixed Mindset where we are closed to learning and feeling threatened by the success of others.
The next time you feel challenged, try to change the way you think from Fixed to Growth. Here are some examples;
· Embrace a challenge rather than avoiding it
· Persist in the face of a setback rather than avoiding it
· See effort as a path to success rather than worthless or a waste of time
· Learn from feedback rather than seeing it as criticism
· Find inspiration in the success of others rather than feeling threatened by them
Take pride in what you do and embrace the challenges that are put before you. With the right mindset, you can achieve great things and encourage others to do the same.